The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Program of Augusta Preparatory Day School strives to ensure that the members of our community become their most authentic and empathetic selves by fostering a culture of social awareness, respect, and a true understanding of self and others. Consistent with our school’s mission to develop intellect, talent, and character in a diverse and welcoming community of learners, we believe that our dedication to excellence in education and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion go hand-in-hand.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
● Supporting and including people of all cultures, ethnicities, races, religions,
gender identities, sexual orientations, socioeconomic and any other basis
prescribed by law.
● Educating ourselves by honoring, listening to, and learning from others.
● Emphasizing empathy, understanding, tolerance, and acceptance.
● Cultivating an environment that values the richness and positive impact of diversity.
● Encouraging respectful, open, and productive communication.
● Addressing and owning responsibility for our missteps and
misunderstandings and viewing them as opportunities to grow and learn through civil discourse.
For more information, contact Augusta Prep DEI Team Leader: Tara Chokshi